Naturalization Lawyer in Denver, CO
Our Naturalization Services Include:
Having a naturalization lawyer working with you through the process will go a long way towards securing U.S. citizenship. Our team of naturalization lawyers will ensure you are prepared for the application and USCIS interview process. Our naturalization services include support for those who are:
- Lawful Permanent Resident of 5 years
- Married to a U.S. Citizen
- Serving in the U.S. Military or U.S. Military Family Member
- Child of a U.S. Citizen
Your Path To Citizenship: How It Works
There are multiple steps before you can officially become a U.S. citizen. First, an individual must apply for naturalization by filing an Application for Naturalization, Form. Second, the individual must fulfill the eligibility requirements in the Immigration and Nationality Act outlined below:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Show that you are a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the U.S.
- Have resided in the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident for at least five years.
- Have been physically present in the U.S. for at least 30 months
- Be a person of good moral character.
- Be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
- Have an understanding of the fundamentals of the history, principles, and form of the U.S. government.
- Demonstrate an attachment to the principles of the Constitution and be well-disposed to the good order and happiness of the U.S.
- Be willing and able to take the Oath of Allegiance.
How Much Does It Cost to Become a U.S. Citizen?
The current naturalization fee for a U.S citizenship application (form N-400) is $640 plus an additional $85 biometric fee for a total of $725. Some fee exceptions include:
- Applicants 75 years of age or older do not need to pay a biometric fee.
- No filing fee or biometric services fee is required for military applicants filing under section 328 or 329 of the INA.
- They only need to pay the $640 filing fee.
After meeting these requirements, the final step in the naturalization process is to schedule an interview with a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officer. At Barringer Law Firm, our team of naturalization lawyers can help inform and advise you through each step of that process and give you the resources to secure citizenship in the United States.