5660 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Suite 445 Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Family Petition for Residency

Couple reunites after successful family petition.
If you are a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), you may be eligible to petition for a family member or spouse to acquire residency in the U.S. The immigration lawyers at Barringer Law Firm, can help guide and support your family member or loved one through the family petition process and toward the path to becoming a U.S. resident. We understand the importance and security that residency offers a family member, and we’re here to provide you with the best resources and guidance to achieve that.

Our Family Petition Services:

U.S immigration laws allow spouses and family members of U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) to become a resident through the family petition process. The immigration petition qualifications will differ based on the family member’s relationship. You may petition for the following: 

  • Spouse (husband or wife)
  • Parent or Child
  • Sibling (brother or sister)


How The Immigration Petition Process Works:

The process begins by filing a Form 1-130, Petition for Alien Relative, to establish your relationship with a spouse or family member. This step can be performed online or by paper and must contain supporting documentation and a $535 filing fee.

If the Petition is approved, and your relative currently resides in the United States, they are eligible to file Form 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. If the Petition is approved and your relative or loved one resides outside of the United States, the National Visa Center will reach out for the next steps.

Family Petition Lawyers in Denver, Colorado

There are multiple factors at play throughout the family petition process that can affect eligibility or approval of immigration petitions. We understand that the steps after approval may be challenging and require diligence, which is why we are here to help.

If you or someone you know has any questions about family immigration petitions or finds the process challenging, contact the family immigration attorneys Barringer Law Firm.


    What is 2 + 4 ?