About The Law Office of Matthew K. Barringer
The Law Office of Matthew K. Barringer, P.C. was founded in 2007 with the mission of helping immigrant families around the world with comprehensive, effective, and superior legal services. As a lifelong soccer player myself, I am proud that my firm can offer an open door to those who share the same passion for the game.
“Football is a lifelong passion for me. I played Division 1 soccer in college and semi-professionally in the US. It’s a dream to provide legal services to fellow football players from all over the world.”
– Matthew K. Barringer, Principal
Our office provides immigration services to foreign national coaches and their families, professional athletes, amateur athletes and their parents who seek to further their football career in the United States.
“After 16 years with the Scottish Football Association, and seeing the Women’s National Team reach the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France, I made difficult decision to leave my position as National Head of Girl’s and Women’s Football and accepted the Technical Director Position with the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club in the United States. While I was so excited for this opportunity for myself and my family, we needed legal representation to attain the necessary Visa to immigrate to the United States.
The Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club referred me to Matthew Barringer at the Law Office of Matthew K. Barringer PC. Their attention to detail, and explanation of the process is unmatched. Moreover, if I had a question no matter the time or day Matthew was there to assist me. When I, along with my family, went to the immigration interview the officials could not have been nicer. They complimented Mr. Barringer’s applications, all forms completed and present, all middle names and dates of birth were correct and matching etc… big thumbs up!
Mr. Barringer took a complex process and made it simple for myself and my family. I would highly recommend The Law Office of Matthew K. Barringer PC if you are interested in coaching or playing in the United States.
Technical Director Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club
P-1 and O-1 Visa Eligibility and Requirements
- To be eligible for a P-1 visa, athletes must have two (2) of the following statements holding true:
- Athletes must have participated in a major U.S sports league.
- Athletes must have participated in a U.S college, university, or intercollegiate sports league.
- Athletes must have participated in a national or international level competition or event.
- Athletes must have been nationally or internationally ranked in a high position.
- Athletes must have obtained a national or international award for their excellence.
- In addition, applicants must provide the following:
- Proof of consultation with a labor organization.
- An itinerary of events in which the athlete is scheduled to compete.
- A contract with a US-based sports league or team.
- O-1 Visas:
- In addition to the P-1 visa requirements, athletes must provide proof of an extraordinary level of performance and skill in soccer to be eligible.
- Requirements can vary for O-1 Visas due to a higher threshold.
Non-Immigration Visa Options for Support Staff and Family Members
- O-2 or P-1 Visas for Coaches, Support Staff, and Soccer Clubs:
- Visas are available for the support staff of professional football players or essential football staff in O-1 or P-1 status.
- O-3 or P-4 for Relatives:
- Visas are available for the immediate family members (spouse or children) of professional football players or essential support staff in O-1 or P-1 status.
Step #1: Get in touch, so we can put together a game plan.
We offer virtual consultations and strategy sessions via Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, or any other virtual conference call program you prefer.
Step #2: Upload your documents for review using our cloud-based, secure software.
Once you’ve decided to move forward with us, we will use cloud-based document storage to share and secure documents between you and our team of legal experts.
Step #3: Prepare and submit your visa application.
Our team will review the documentation you provided and assess your individual situation and background. We will then file the Visa application on your behalf, ensuring that your application adheres to the numerous regulatory requirements. We work hand in glove with every petitioner to maximize their chance of a successful application.